By now we all know the drill “reduce, reuse, and recycle.” And while it’s a pretty straightforward rule to being eco-friendly, there are still so many factors under that green umbrella that needs consideration and explanation.
In all honesty, living a sustainable life is extremely simple. Just imagine surviving during the old days when there were no power or technology to keep us comfortable. Somehow, you can compare a sustainable living to living in the olden times.
Today, let’s talk about what you can and should do to be more eco-friendly, all under the concept of reducing, reusing, and recycling.
Speaking of which, if you want to learn about a bonus tip in being green, visit https://extracheaprubbishremoval.com.au/what-are-the-average-prices-for-rubbish-removal-in-sydney/ to try out a professional waste disposal service near you.
Now back to the list. Here are thirty-five eco tips for sustainable living.
- Simplify your way of living as much as possible.
- Push to achieve a zero waste goal.
- Learn about your eco-footprintand index to determine your impact in the environment.
- Avoid purchases as often as you can. Always weigh your options by determining whether an item is a need or a want.
- Pick a day of the week to unplug from all the technologies and enjoy nature.
- Get rid of every disposable item you have in your house, and switch to a reusable alternative.
- If you need to purchase something, opt for a used one.
- Or, do DIY projects instead.
- Avoid using paper items and replace them with reusable ones.
- Refrain from creating a pile of trash. That means skipping take-out or buying items that come in a single-use packaging.
- If you pack food for lunch, make it waste-free.
- Encourage people, and even companies, to reduce and reuse items.
- Donate as often as you can.
- Reuse plastic bags or containers, or donate them to the recycling
- Invest in durable products that will last you a lifetime.
- Always recycle items made of glass, paper, plastic, aluminum, cardboard, tin cans, scrap metal, motor oil, ink cartridges, appliances, computer, Styrofoam, tires, and clothing. Again, if you’re stuck in a rut, donate the items to a recycling center or community.
- Practice composting.
- Support eco-friendly brands.
- Let a professional team deal with hazardous wastes from your home or office.
- Say no to giveaways that you don’t need.
- Consider going vegan.
- Or, avoid eating meat and processed food as much as possible.
- Always conserve energy.
- Keep up with your carbon footprint.
- Choose appliances with power-saving features.
- Better yet, consider switching to solar-powered appliances.
- When going outside, unless on a hurry, try to pick up trash along your way.
- Support tree-planting activities.
- Make your cleaning products.
- Start an organic garden.
- Build using eco-friendly materials.
- Look for green-certified products when shopping.
- Avoid using PVC materials.
- If you’re a cat owner, consider making a sustainable cat litter instead of purchasing one.
- Always prefer cruelty-free products.
These are just some of the many ways you can live sustainably. There will be times when you will need to spend more than usual or put more effort than you’d like, but all of it is for a good cause.
Continue supporting a sustainable living by getting Extra Cheap Rubbish Removal services near you.